1) 2 cups Flour
2) 1/2 cup Sugar
3) 1/4 teaspoon Salt
4) 2 sticks (1 Cup) Salted Butter, Cut Into Small Cubes
6) 1-1/2 cup Sugar
7) 1/4 cup Flour
8) 4 whole Large Eggs
9) Zest And Juice Of 4 Medium-sized Lemons
10) Powdered Sugar, For Sifting
1. For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with butter.
2. Stir together the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the butter to the bowl and use a pastry cutter to cut it all together until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press into the prepared pan and bake until golden around the edges, about 20 minutes.
3. For the filling: Stir together the sugar and flour. Crack in the eggs and whisk to combine. Add the lemon zest and juice and mix until combined. Pour over the crust and bake about 20 minutes.
4. Allow to cool in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, then sift powdered sugar over the top before cutting into squares.
(Use an 8 x 10 pan if you'd like the layers to be a little thicker.)