Tuesday, November 18, 2014

So the diet is working

It's been almost 3 weeks since I started actively tracking my food intake, and I couldn't be happier with the results! I know it's not much, but so far I'm down about 5 pounds. It might all be in my head, but I actually think I can see it. The best part is, I'm not starving myself, I'm not restricting what I can eat, I'm just taking a healthy amount of food, and spreading it throughout the day. I plan ahead, pay attention to what I'll be eating, and make sure it'll work.
I still eat Moe's on Monday (1200+ calories in a single meal) but I still keep within my calorie range. I ate Five Guys (1300+ calories in one sitting) on Sunday, but I worked hard that day cleaning out my father's house and didn't go over. I still eat pizza once a week, but instead of eating half a pizza, I eat two to three slices. I still snack, almost all the Halloween candy is gone, but instead of gorging on it in one sitting, I controlled myself and only ate one or two pieces a day.
And that's the best part, these sweet foods I used to binge on are still there, I still get to eat and enjoy them, but I also get to enjoy them for longer, since I'm not eating too much at once. So, at the rate I'm going, I'll be down to my ideal weight (what I'm hoping for at least) in about 9 months; that is if I keep this up.
But wait! There's more! "What more could there be?" You ask. Well, how about exercise? Right now I'm not doing anything when it comes to physical activity. I live a very sedentary life. Most of my exercise comes from working at my my father's house once a week. I'm sure it helps, but I also know there's more I could be doing.
Now, I tried this before, daily workout for 30 minutes, in the hopes of losing weight and feeling better, but nothing changed. At that point I was a bit blind to the truth about losing weight. I didn't change anything else, still had all the same bad eating habits, so I saw ZERO results.
But now, I think I'm going to give it a go, and of course, since I'm a gamer and a geek, what better workout than getting back into Wii Fit? The real question is, do I just do this for myself and all that, or should I find a way to stream it or record it? Would anyone actually be interested in seeing that?

No comments:

Post a Comment