Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Updates

I figured since I have this blog, I might as well use it, so here goes! First I'd like to talk about the blog itself. Originally it was meant as a way to connect with viewers of my gaming channel, but it didn't get much traffic, which is ok. Since then, it has become more of a way for me to make notes to myself.
I think, instead of just using it as that, I can also use it to "tease" upcoming things on my channels, both gaming and vlog. I'm not sure how regular updates will be, and I won't make any promises, but as you can see in my previous few posts, there are a lot of things in the works. I will go into more detail about them over time.
Now that I've talked about this blog some, let me talk more about my channels. I'll start with my gaming channel because there's not a lot to say. There are a ton of games I'm enjoying and a ton of games I'm looking forward to. As it stands I have a single track of programming, one video per day, each series once per week. This may change, but as it stands I don't have as much time as I did before. There are some games I feel like I really want to play more though, so some might get a boost in output.
You know what, I kinda forgot about Twitch. I haven't streamed in a while, and I'm sorry about that. I've been busy, I rarely have much time between when I get home from work and when I go to bed. Because of the way things are working with my Vlog channel, a lot of that time has been dedicated to sifting through footage, which I can't really do while streaming. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, I may be able to. I'll have to try it and see. maybe even give the viewers a taste of what I'm doing?
Now, onto Munchmo Vlogs! Right now, I have a problem. Youtube's broken content ID system is flagging royalty-free music I'm using. It might take up to a month for that to be released. I expect this is going to happen on every single video I upload that uses any sort of music. I'll try make sure I don't go too long without content, I'm planning on doing a channel update video soon to help with that. But this means I'm going to have to try to have a months worth of content scheduled at all times. Luckily, I've got some footage backlogged that I'm trying to get through. It's going to take a while, but once I finally get it all put together I'll be doing ok I think. It's just going to take time, and with all the other stuff I have going on, I'm trying to make it a priority without it having a negative impact on the rest of my life.
Lastly, I want to talk about Patreon. So far, no patrons. That's ok, I don't mind. I barely have any subs on youtube, so I don't expect to have much in the way of patrons. There's also the fact that my channel is only a couple of months old. I can understand people not wanting to support a new "artist" (Is that what I am? Is what I'm doing considered Art? I really don't know). But just because I'm new doesn't mean I plan on quitting! Just the fact that I've already gotten 20 subs on youtube in a very short time makes me ecstatic.
That's really all I have to say for this blog post, if you've made it this far, thanks for reading. I'll try my best to make sure I post here more regularly, so if you aren't already following me here, please do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment