Monday, October 31, 2011

Catastrophic outcomes!

So, over the weekend, I had some bad things happen in my IC/BC world. Some of my BC engines exploded. It wouldn't have been so bad, if it wasn't for the fact that in the process I lost a couple of refineries (4 diamonds each) and a few teleport pipes (1 diamond each). Took me a while to recover from that, but I'm mostly back in business. I ended up moving my engines to an area over the water and I'm protecting my teleport pipes with obsidian in case there are any more explosions. The unusual part of it all was the reason why they exploded. They ran out of water. Under normal circumstances that wouldn't be strange, but they ran out of water because my infinite water source completely drained. I had been running 4 pumps off a 4x4x1 water hole for a long time, and it never drained, but now I can't even keep the water from disappearing from 4 separate 2x2x1 infinite water sources (1 per pump). I'm not exactly sure what it is that's causing this to happen, but I suspect it has something to do with the teleport pipes, and the way they cause chunks to load or something. It's allowing the pumps to take in water, but the water isn't filling back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment