Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Not liking my alternatives

So, after getting everything setup and working on my existing world in Buildcraft/Industrialcraft, things went horribly wrong. It seems that any time I place any block there's a chance it will crash my minecraft. Now, I'm not at all sure what the actual cause is/was but from looking at everything it seems it's related to buildcraft. So I posted to their sourceforge page, and have been eagerly awaiting their response. I've made sure everything is up to date, all my files match what they should be, etc. But, during my testing, I also started a new world to see if that would affect anything, and it did. At least, I think it did. So, in a new world (same seed even) it appears to work ok, I placed blocks randomly, put everything where it should be, all that stuff, and it seems to not crash, but it might also be that I don't have all the same stuff going on in the world. So I've decided I'm going to leave it with the new empty world, and give myself some starting resources (a quarry, some iron, etc) and hope the problem doesn't keep happening. I would love to keep with the existing world, but it just doesn't seem like it'll work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment